Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It was here... Now it's gone...

Oh, the drudgery of sitting here updating the blog from THE WHOLE SUMMER. You think I would learn, but no! Here I am once again trying to blog a whole three months all at once. There is not much to say for my procrastinating personality...Dad! As I have been updating myself on everyone elses blog, I see what fun summers each has had, and I think....Wow, my summer was pretty boring and uneventful, but after reviewing the hundreds of pictures that have been taken, I realize that it hasn't been that boring after all. I just love summertime. It refreshes me. I know we are inside most of the time due to the triple digit nature of the summer weather here, but the warm evenings are quite nice. I love the smells, the sounds, and the energy the summer brings; the grilling on the back porch, sitting on the swing on the front porch, the neighbors bringing over their dead snake that they killed while on a hike for family home evening, family reunions, grandma visiting, swimming in our neighbors pool, and visiting family up in Utah where it is much, much, much cooler (did I mention that it is a lot cooler in Utah than in Nevada?). So, here we go. All the most wonderful things about summer are about to un-fold for the Jensen family.

JUNE




We had just gotten home from a shopping trip in St. George. Abby makes some of the sweetest faces at this stage(3mo). She had just become interested in her toy that hangs from the handle of her car seat. As I got out of the car sitting next to her I pulled the animal down just to entertain her, and then she laughed, yes she giggled. I couldn't believe my ears. I was so excited I ran in the house to find the camera and took a video.





She giggled much harder before I captured it on video, as things usually go. I gues we just have to learn to appreciate those moments as just memories in our heads. She is just so precious, growing and growing.


We recieved a package from Grandma and Grandpa Jensen. Thank You! We love packages!


This is what we found: A new soft blanket for Abby, A truck pillow case for Jacob, peanut butter cups, animal crackers, stickers, a bubble gun, and a rubber band gun. Oh, what fun!


It's time for me to go back to work! I am packing so that we can drive to Utah for me to work my first weekend there as a mother of two. I have two special children who are so wonderful to take a nap together so I can accomplish this daunting task before me. If only this moment would last for a few hours vs a few minitues, I will take what I can get. Note the empty suit case and Abby cuddled in between the pillows and wrapped in a blanket just above Jacob's head. Oh, may they sleep long enough for me to get packed.

It was a very cold weekend in Utah. We stayed at Dave and Jen's house. We were able to go to the farmer's market. We love to go see the entertainment and look at and taste all the fresh fruits and vegetables. On our way home we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Love. That was a treat and just happened so perfectly. Grandma just had to buy a little something for Jacob while we were visiting at the Flying J in Nephi, UT. They went around and around the store just looking for the perfect toy. Jacob picked out this gas truck. He was so excited. He loves any truck that has a trailer attachment. I left the camera in the car and was not about to go back out and get it, so here's Jacob being very pleased with his gift from Grandma and Grandpa Love.




When we got home Abby looked so cute just laying on the bed just before we were going to call it a night. I just had to take pictures of her. I started out taking a couple, and they didn't look quite right, so I decided to start playing around with the settings on the camera. I have a lot to learn about picture taking. By the time I had taken about twenty five or so pictures of Abby with this bright flash the last look of "mom are you done taking pictures of me yet" is what I got. In the words of Abby "Mom I am so tired will you put that darn thing away".

If I could sing.....(Oh, what a beautiful morning!)






I was driving to work this morning, usually the sun is shining brightly in my eyes and I can't see the road. However, on this particular morning it was so beautifully cloudy. I couldn't resist taking these pictures. Aren't the clouds just beautiful? I think the clouds and the mountains are just picturesque. You could say I was in a cheery mood this morning, enough anyway to notice and appreciate the beauty of the world and the sun not shining in my eyes.


BATH TIME

Jacob is so excited to have Abby in the bath tub with him. At this particular moment he is swaying her back and fort making the ripples in the water if you notice in the picture. He thinks he is so silly; and he is.






Children will be children! I think that somewhere inside me I always looked forward to the day that Jacob would do this. I know it's kind of insane sounding, but I just couldn't stop laughing.


I was in my bedroom cleaning or something and when I looked out into the hall across into the bathroom was this toilet paper trail. It didn't stop there.....It kept going and....

Going....All the way down the hall, and then going and going some more straight through the family room....
To the doorway of the laundry room, where there sat a little boy unrolling the toilet paper.


This is truly my most favorite part about potty training Jacob. When I asked him ever so kindly "Jacob what are you doing?" he simply stated " I'm rolling the toilet paper mom"....Like duh, what does it look like I'm doing? Plainly Precious!


"I'll Love you forever, I'll Like you for always, As long as I'm living, My
baby you'll be." (Robert Munsch)



THE SUN BURN
I think that this is oficially Jacob's first sun burn. He and Jase were outside setting up a small pool that we had bought, and then the both of them commenced to swimming in it for the next hour or so, with out sunblock on. This picture was the night of the incident, unfourtunately it continued to get more red over the next couple of days, despite how much aloe I slathered on or how much water I gave him to drink. Then of course the peeling of the skin.......poor Jacob......What a trooper though, he didn't complain too much about it, mostly when it was time to put on the aloe.


Bed bugs



These are two of the cutest binky bed bugs that I know. Jacob likes to come in our room in the morning and cuddle up and watch cartoons for a little while. Usually, Abby is awake at this time, and he likes to lay next to her. Abby just loves Jacob, and she always wants to see what he is doing. Jacob loves her too.

1 comment:

simplesmiles said...

I totally understand the updates, HEllO I had to update from christmas>>> that is rediculous! I love love the pics. Your babies are so so cute!! Having 2 is a huge challenge but what a blessing to watch them interact together. You are an awesome mommy.